The Community Café model was introduced as part of the Dad Allies Initiative at the third-annual Fatherhood Summit in March 2021. A series of Community Cafés were planned across the state, and within specific populations, to lift up the voices of fathers, engage community providers, and coalesce around our North Star Father-Friendly Principles.
These events help lay the community groundwork for positive change that expands our capacity for men to become the fathers they want to be for their children and families.
They’re open to:
- Dads with lived experience in systems that support families in all types of family constellations.
- Providers who deliver child and family services through inclusion, and father-specific services, who want to increase their capacity to meet the unique needs of fathers.
- Advocates looking for ways to decrease stress on families and support all the loving adults in the family.
- Local state agency staff who are part of the complex system that fathers relate to when they seek services.
- Fathers Matter: A Community Café Dialogue With Dads (currently postponed due to Covid)
- Formerly Incarcerated Fathers: A Community Café Dialogue With Dads (currently postponed due to Covid)